This dish is great anytime. I have had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is very satisfying yet light. Server with a salad, fruit or crusty bread it is a wonderful dish.
Quiche with Bacon, Cheese and Cream
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 8 pieces thick sliced bacon
- 8 inch pastry shell
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 ounces Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut bacon into lardons, brown lightly and drain
- Butter baking pan
- Partially cook pastry shell and place on baking pan
- Grate cheese
- Spread cheese around bottom of pastry shell
- Spread bacon around over the cheese
- Beat together the eggs, salt, ginger and nutmeg to blend thoroughly
- Pour cream mixture over bacon and cheese to within 1/8 inch of top of shell
- Cut butter into 8 pieces and distribute over top of cream mixture
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for 30 minutes
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the custard, if it comes out clean it is done
Search this site
Who Am I?
Hey, everyone calls me Chef David. It took me years of testing, sampling and cooking to develop the best Dusts available. I have never been to culinary school so I was reluctant to call myself chef. However, a very close Chef friend, who has gone to culinary school, tried my dust and proclaimed "Whoever created this has to be a chef!".
The name just stuck after that.